The Treatbox is a super light bento-style lunch container designed to incentivise healthy eating for kids. Treatbox is made with high quality, durable, BPA-free, food-safe materials. Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to learn more or contact us with questions.
We suggest the following guidelines for using our Treatbox:
- At the beginning of the week get your child to pick a reward. You can give them a choice out of the reward magnets or you can choose one for them if that is preferred.
- Place the reward magnet in the circle slot on the top of the lunchbox. The slot is part of the illustrative background so this magnet will need to be placed on the lid first. This enables your child full visibility of the reward they are working towards.
- We recommend involving your child in planning and preparing their lunchbox as research shows that kids are more likely to try foods that they’ve been involved in selecting and making.
- When packing lunch each day, place a star in the bottom compartment of the box. It’s best to do this before placing food items in the top tray, but if you forget to then simply take the top tray out by lifting it and then you will be able to open the second compartment to place a star and/or food item in it.
- Tell your child that they can collect a star each day if they consume the food packed in the top food tray and in recognition for doing so, they will be rewarded with the item or the activity on the reward magnet.
- When they collect a star they can insert them into the star slots on the lid of the box, this provides them with a sense of achievement and also helps them to track their progress.
- Communicate with them during the week about their progress. They don’t necessarily have to collect all five stars to still be entitled to their treat- it’s entirely up to you to set the rules. For example, if on Monday they didn’t collect their star, you could still incentivise them by stating they can have it for eating their dinner or if they collect the next four days stars they will still get their treat.
- Reward them!
- Repeat the process the following week.
The silicone tray can be washed in the dishwasher at a maximum temperature of 80°C. To prolong the life of the tray we do recommend hand washing it in warm soapy water and thoroughly drying before storing.
Our incentive packs come with a range of illustrative design magnets that can be placed and held on the magnetic lid. This has the added bonus of being interchangeable so when your child grows out of the current trending design, you can easily update it without the need for a whole new lunchbox! This is not only good for the environment by preventing landfill waste, but it also adds an extra layer of fun for your child as they can update their box when back-to-school trends change. We will be releasing new incentive packs to mimic current trends in children’s lunchbox designs.
- Incentive packs: they come with reward magnets; a set of star magnets and an illustrative background. The stars are inserted into the second compartment so that when the healthy tray is consumed, the child can collect a star. There are five stars to collect, one for each day of the week. These are inserted into slots in the illustrative background on the lid of the box which doubles up as a reward chart, to help the child keep track of their progress. The reward magnet is also designed to be held as part of the lid, so that the child has visibility of their reward for the week if they eat their healthy food.
- Dietary and allergy magnets: a good way to warn others of your child’s dietary requirements or any allergies they may have.
- Alphabet magnets: so that your child can customise their box with their name, other words or sayings or even use the top of the box as a spelling board!
- All of the above are magnetic and our lunchbox lid acts as an interactive magnetic board to store these whilst also allowing for more fun to be had!
At present we do not sell insulated bags, drinks bottles or other accessories but we have big plans to bring more products out in the future. You can keep up-to-date with our latest product releases by signing up for our newsletter below.
The food tray is based on holding servings in the following ratios:
40% Carbohydrates (pasta, rice, grains, potatoes, and bread)
20% Vegetables or salad
20% Protein (meat, fish, eggs, beans and lentils)
10% Fat (cheese, nuts, seeds)
The tray is designed with enough room to hold a sandwich, pasta or rice-type serving.
The ‘hidden’ compartment is able to hold another ‘treat’ like food item if you choose to reward your child in this way (see the ‘how does the Treatbox work?’ section for more details). Dimensions of this compartment are 90 (l) x 117 (w) x 22 (h) mm.
At present we do not offer a drinks bottle but we have plans to release a bottle product in the near future. You can keep up-to-date with our latest product releases by signing up for our newsletter below.
More information of the guidelines for children’s lunches and children’s health can be found at:
https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/childhealth6-15/Pages/Lighterlunchboxes.aspx and you can get ideas for healthy lunches by clicking on the ‘Change4life’ link on this page.
However we hope to bring our delightful little box to other countries soon! You can sign up to get updates on the latest news by signing up for our newsletter below.
Royal Mail signed for at a cost of £4.00 Please allow 5 working days for your parcel to arrive from the date of purchase.
Please also note that a signature is required on delivery.
Customer happiness is very important to us so please do get in touch if your product has a fault and we’ll we do our best to find a solution, whether that be a replacement or if out of warrant a discount towards a new one.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BELOW